This abstract painting was a finalist in the prestigious 2019 Busselton Art Award in Western Australia.
Inspired by a snippet of dialogue ‘floating between worlds’ from a beautiful film I saw. The words stayed with me long after, my mind imagining an ethereal existence of weightlessness, dreamlike in the half-asleep half-awake state. Painted at different stages over several weeks, there’re so many layers I lost count! A mark here, a make there, some scribbled words, a spray of aerosol until the painting arrives at that ‘just right’ stage. A touch of aqua and peach peek out beneath the white. The pop of pink oil stick over the very top gives the abstract painting contrast and depth, and is the pièce de résistance!
- Acrylic paint, aerosol, graphite and oil stick on board
- 92(W) x 122(H) x 2(D) cms
- Professionally framed with 4cm black wood (no glass so it’s not reflective)
- Finished with three coats of varnish, ready to hang
- Packaged with care and shipped professionally with tracking
- Signed on the front and on the back
- You’ll be purchasing from an acclaimed established Australian artist
- Follow me to receive updates, or contact me for a custom commission.